Do you buy hardcover or softcover books for your 3 to 8 year old?

Does it matter?

momjs

Asked by momjs at 9:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't buy books for my 2yo. She has enough that were passed down to her but most of her books are hard covered. I did buy her a couple of soft covered books and she treats them very well (the last one was a Diego one that she just HAD to have, lol). I would have never bought my older kids soft covered books at this age. They would have torn them to pieces in a week.

My older kids are 6, 7 and 8 and only get soft covered books now because hard covered books are expensive. We usually come home with 2-3 books every time we go to Target.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Some of each. It just depends on how a particular book was published.

We're pretty much done with board books, though...even for my 2 year old.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Both, when they get them as a gift the are hardcover, most of the time we take out library books so getting them from the store is rare....
    Anonymous