So if a person recieves some form of help from Social Services and work do they not pay taxes?

No drama just asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If after EIC and child credits or expense write offs, someone's income falls below the taxable amounts, then no, they do not pay taxes! I'm not sure what the official poverty line is, about $9,000/year?

Which is pretty much what I earned when I was in college, so I didn't really pay taxes. Any income that was withheld was returned to me when I filed my taxes...usually around $700+ which was JUST enough to enjoy myself at Spring Break!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:37 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• For clarity, I hope you don't mind if I translate EIC is Earned Income Credit.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 9:46 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My daughter made $20,000.00 last year, her income tax return was $980.00 as a single person, no children. The taxes that she paid in, were refunded to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Regarless of whether you work, collect benefits or are retired, you pay taxes. Income taxes is just one form. When you buy gas, you pay a federal and state tax. When you own property, you pay realestate taxes. When you buy food, you pay a tax. When you drive a toll road, you pay a tax. When you buy a car or truck, you pay taxes. Buy a pack of cigarettes, you pay federal and state taxes. Revenue is not just derived from income taxes. Every man, woman and child pays taxes.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• if you work then yes taxes get taken out of your check period but when it comes to tax time when you file no you dont owe anything if you make under a limit not being mean but if youo are any assisants im gonn asay ya you make under that limit because to get ever ssi you are not supposed to work full time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 21, 2009