How to get my daughter's jacket clean

My daughter's jacket is so filthy. I have tried washing it and it is not coming clean. It says to wash in cold water, gentle detergent and no bleach, gentle cycle, tumble dry, no dry cleaning. So i wash it and it's still just as dirty. I put some spray and wash on it and scrubbed it with a brush. It's a little bit better but still icky. What can i do to get it clean? I swear she rolls around on the floor of the bus, it's that dirty.

mandarose

Asked by mandarose at 9:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Sounds like you did all you could do. I treat my girls jackets the way you did tht one. Try warm water this round what can it hurt if it is tht dirty right?
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 10:27 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i would try spraying it again, let it sit for about 10 minutes, then try washing in warm water.
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 10:38 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You might try dumping a whole lot of Oxyclean into the washer, filling it with water, and then let the jacket soak overnight before washing. I've had really good luck with soaking things in Oxyclean. It sure can't hurt to try it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I second Marwill's recommendation of Oxyclean! That stuff rocks!
    patobello

Answer by patobello at 12:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I third the oxyclean. None of my DDs clothes have stains thanks to oxyclean.
    nicolebdc

Answer by nicolebdc at 1:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Ok, so i washed it and nothing happened. Then i put some spray and wash on it and scubbed it with a scrub brush and it worked a little. I let it soak for a bit and then put it through the wash again. It looks a smidge bit dirty but it is a lot cleaner than it was. Thank you ladies so much for the advice about the oxyclean. I am getting some on payday to do my son's jacket.
    mandarose

Answer by mandarose at 3:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009