i'm so scared :(

I'm being induced Tuesday morning at 6am-- and I'm so scared, of so many things.
I'm scared of going into labor, I'm scared I won't be a good mom, I'm scared there will be something wrong with my baby boy, I'm just afraid of soo much! I'm afraid that I'm not ready :(

Did anyone else feel this way? How did you get over it?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:55 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats normal. your fears wll go away when you hold your precious baby :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• im right there with you and im not due for another 9 weeks just take it easy and try not to stress about it i made my self sick with my first worring lol ... you will be fine and im sure an amazing mother .. and im sure your litttle one will be just as healthy as can be good luck sweetie
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You're bypassing nature, things are more chaotic and crazy.
    This is a very big deal~ your route is more intense than normal birth, it's understandable.
    Can you wait at least until your due date or until you're overdue for health & safety reasons?
    If you're having a hard time and not ready for birth (physically as well as emotionally), you're going to be less likely to progress according to this doctor's schedule.

Inducing a woman before she's due is for the convenience of the doctor, not the best interest of mom & baby. This would worry me, too.
    You have the right to decline, of course. Doing so would help.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Alright seriously doulala, you're pissing me off! I'm not worried about being induced!! It's my first time at being a mother, and I'm just nervous in GENERAL! Let the fact that I'm being induced, GO! It's my choice, my husband's choice, and the doctor's choice. Not yours. Kay?
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 2:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yea i think everyone has the what ifs befor labor but as soon as you hold your child in your arms they all go away!!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I can only offer help.
    As I see you're looking some help and have little information, you're on CM telling us you're having concerns.
    If you are worried about labor, baby being okay, afraid that you're not ready, afraid of so much then there are some big ways to change that starting with avoiding added big and unnecessary risks.
    Have you checked out the Bishop Score for your chances of a successful induction? If you're not dilating your body isn't ready, the chance for a cesarean goes up.

If you want help, support, information, etc., come to the Answers Section on Cafemom~ that's what it's for.
    Good luck! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2009