What do you consider 'supporting our President'?

I see a lot of people that say they will support our President, even though they didn't vote for him, or even if they don't agree with his policy. What does 'support' actually mean to you in reference to supporting our current administration?

Rush was practically tarred and feathered for saying that he hopes that Obama's socialist agenda fails (yes, that's what he was saying for those that didn't really scratch the surface of his comment). But is it really support if you just turn your cheek and agree with everything the current administration enacts just because you voted for them?

So, what do you consider your support of the President?
(sorry in advance of any misspellings)

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Supporting and respect are two different things in my opinion, do I respect the president of course, but do I support a lot of his policies no and never will. I would never degrade him like a lot of people did with Bush, as I see he is human, did I agree with Bush's policies not all, but you had people ready to lynch him for every thing that went wrong in America and most of these same people are glorifying President Obama. I think all presidents make mistakes has not been one that has not, but it seems to me that the ones that are all for President Obama doesn't recongnize any mistakes in this man and that is the scary part to me.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 11:59 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I consider supporting our president to mean that we give him the chance to prove that he can do the job well. It doesn't mean we have to agree with what he does, but it means to not judge every idea he has before we even give it a try. I think it means also to not judge him before he has even had a chance to really do anything at all. BTW, I was for McCain.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:04 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• April I see what you are saying but we are past "before he has even had a chance to really do anything." He has done some things.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:08 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I agree with April, Supporting our president means looking at his agenda's with an open mind and giving them a try and until they actually fail there is no reason to criticize.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I only ask because while I don't support much of his agenda and policy, could I be considered unpatriotic? I read from some of the people left of the aisle that they were bashed for not supporting Bush's policies. It seems the tables have turned. I will support policies that will protect our nation and the citizens of it. I will support him by exercising my rights, even if they don't really support his policy. But is that really considered support to other's that are very Pro-Obama, or am I a traitor?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:13 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• By the way I dont loathe every single thing in the stimulus but alot of it deffinitely.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• But for those of us that are either financially responsible or have risen from debt, just to be saddled by this bailout, and all of the ramifications that come with it don't agree with this move of Obama's, does that mean to you that we aren't in support of his agenda? I would be against a family member purposely going into debt in an effort to get out of debt. It simply doesn't work that way.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• As a matter of fact there is alot I do not even know about the stimulus ...apparently nor do alot of our reps
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Great question Quinn!

Other than writing to our elected officials to express our disdain for Obama's plans, what else CAN we do? Our hands are pretty much tied until 2010! Voting is really the most effective way to show support.

Now, if the American people were granted the power to vote on the passage of bills like the stimulus plan, I think things would be quite different. I don't support the majority of Obama's platform ideas, but it's not like I'm going to organize a march or protest over it! I will however, continue to post his "gaffes" and failures in order to enlighten those who don't follow politics except every 2-4 years, I feel it is my RIGHT to do so, so "we" don't make the same mistake again!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I DON'T CONSIDER IT UNLESS HE IS AN HONORABLE MAN.

WOMAN.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:33 AM on Feb. 21, 2009