Hip dysplasia in toddler?

we have a family history of hip dysplasia and my daughter was treated for it as a baby. my son was checked for it at birth and no problems noted but now that he is one and trying to walk i'm noticeing that something isn't right. He does not bring his right leg forward. he'll move his left leg then bring the right up to the left but never forward. he crawls this way too. has any one ever experienced this in an older child? He only walks a few steps before he sits down.

3rdtymsthecharm

Asked by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My BFF was diagnosed with it in Kindergarten (I think). It was a long time ago & I was just a kid.... so my facts could be off a little here.

Anyways, I remember her being in leg casts with the rod between the knees for like a year. She missed a lot of school & had to repeat 1st grade. After that, she wore braces for several years, too.

Of course, keep in mind this was in like..... oh, I dunno... about '83-'84(ish) & I know nothing of how it's diagnosed ---- so I'm really not sure if it can be missed that long any more or not.

Nothing I just said was probably helpful, huh? lol Oh well, I already typed it out.... so I'm posting it. :-P

I'd just say to bring it up with his Dr... let them check him out again.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i had it when i was little, and it was corrected.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I would have a chiropractor check him out
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2009