Help naming twins?!?

We just found out our twins are boys! I'm 16 weeks. EVERY name I throw out there dh does not like. We like not-so-common names. So no James, Luke, Josh, etc. Her are some I have picked that dh says NO to...

Aiden & Asher (my favorite, but dh says a guy at work has a6yr old grandson named Aiden. So won't allow it)

Kayden & Keagan

Asher & Blaise

Other names I have thrown out there are Riley, Milo, Kaie, and many more.
I was half joking and said Orion & Kavi and Eugene & Fenix...my dh liked those? But I don't. Lol. He suggested Harry & Richard...I said NO WAY am I gonna be calling out at the park "Harry, Dick... Time to go!" Lmao! (He was totally joking I am sure, but jeez!)

Any ideas??? They don't have to start with the same letter, or have the same number of syllables....I would prefer they don't rhyme like Sandy & Mandy. Lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 9, 2014 in Baby Names

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 9, 2014

• Will and Hary
    momngram

Answer by momngram at 11:26 AM on May. 9, 2014

• There are several websites you can get ideas from.
    ladybugmamax2

Answer by ladybugmamax2 at 11:38 AM on May. 9, 2014

• Here'swhat we did (we had twin daughters). We took a sheet of paper and every time either of us had an idea about a name we wrote it down. When we had covered 3 sides of paper (we didn't mean to...) we started crossing off 5 per day each. Any name that got crossed off but that the other desperately wanted to keep was put back. When we got to short list dimensions THEN we started discussing names ... :) It saved us getting bogged down in totally pointless discussions way too early.

Good luck!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:54 AM on May. 9, 2014

• My suggestion is to think of the names one at a time. So if he liked Asher but not Aiden, put Asher on your list & press on to add more name possibilities. Once you have a list of names neither of you has vetoed, start narrowing it down and see if you can come up with two that work well together. Think about the names sounding good together as siblings more than as "twins," the way you might veto a name for your third child if it didn't work with the names of your first two.
    I have twin boys and their names don't "match" but they work well together & with their sibling's name. There is some interplay of the letters (both names include an N & an L) but they start with different letters, sound different, and are very different names.

Some random name suggestions:

Lyle
    Anselm
    Jorn
    Vaughn
    Niles
    Archer
    Quinn
    Neil
    Ambrose
    Ronan
    Nolan
    Otis
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 2:20 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Get a book of baby names (Teresa Norman has a good one). You go through it and make a list of names YOU like. Have HIM go through it and make a list of names HE likes. Then y'all sit down and swap lists. You can cross off names on his list that you don't like, and he can cross off names on your list that he doesn't like. BUT, the author of said list gets veto power to keep any name(s) that you're absolutely in love with. Keep crossing off, and negotiating, until y'all have names that you both like.

Now, if you two are like my husband and I, and have some names that are common to BOTH lists, skip all the negotiating, and just work with the common names. My husband and I did what I described above, even though we had 5 common names. Our son's names are two of those common ones.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2014

• If I had twins I would not name them rhyming name. Or names that matched. I would name them names that didn't even match. Like Bill and Mike.

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on May. 9, 2014

• I like the names Malcolm and Malachi but they might be too matchy for twins. They just happen to be my fave boy names right now
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:57 PM on May. 9, 2014

• the second one
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:30 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Robert James
    abecee

Answer by abecee at 7:15 PM on May. 10, 2014