Any wildlife experts out there or anybody know about baby birds??

My dogs decided to play with a baby bird and pull some feathers out. The bird seems ok and tries to fly but is still too young. I have it in a box right now and have been calling different wildlife volunteers for hours trying to find someone to take in the bird with no luck. I'm still waiting on callbacks. I don't want to put it back outside on the ground because of my dogs getting it again. Anybody know what to do?

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 3:56 PM on May. 9, 2014 in Pets

• Keep your dogs in and put it back where you found it. If it's a robin, it's parents are looking for it to feed and care for it. After a certain size the babies won't fit in the nest anymore, and they can't fly yet.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:58 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Do you know where the nest is?
    If so put it in the nest. Baby birds do fall out of the nest before it is time to take flight but most do not.
    If it was being taught to fly (pushed out of the nest) you may have to feed it with an eyedropper every hour or so.
    Call any vet and they should be able to advise you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:07 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Check with this group http://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php check for wild life rescue in the area
    NB14

Answer by NB14 at 10:11 PM on May. 9, 2014

• If you can find the nest, put it back. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 AM on May. 10, 2014