Anyone want a temperamental 3 year old?

Seriously, I have one up for grabs!! She was super sweet this morning, sharing with DS and everything. Then I asked her to move a foot to the left so her brother could watch the movie they picked out and she went into melt down mode. All because I asked her to move a little bit, I wasn't mean, I just asked her if she could move to the other side of the table to play or come on the couch to play. It resulted in a crying fit and a slammed door. That was 10 minutes ago and she is still fuming! Now she is ripping toys out of DS's hands, throwing her blankets on the floor, and screaming because she isn't allowed to have her door closed! She has been up for an hour and a half and I'm 115% done with her today!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 6:31 PM on May. 9, 2014 in General Parenting

• bring her on over, she can be grumpy with my six year old
    she was crying because we came in at 5:30
    all the kids were getting called in for dinner
    she even wrote a note and placed on her door
    " no mom a loud"
    ^
    she spells like me ! lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:57 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Three's about the right age, sure ;)

I'm sorry - I hope she calms down for you today.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:33 PM on May. 9, 2014

• I seems to me that she is jealous and is acting out, or maybe it is something else, either way you should try to get to the bottom of it and talk it out...explain to her that her atittude is not acceptable...but you should really get to the bottom of the why behind all of it.

Answer by older at 6:34 PM on May. 9, 2014

• *he lost his cookies around 2 - I had just cut an inch or two off his long hair (at his request) and I thought he freaked because I cut too much or something, turns out- he was itchy which made his world miserable, and it snowballed into his double bass pedal getting moved so it wasn't working right and he was up there yelling at his drums. Then he came downstairs and was being awful and testy. He apologized, but DAMN.
    *I wish I knew how to help him with his sensory stuff... it makes him lose it at times- and makes me on edge with how he gets
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:19 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Postage might be kinda pricey for that...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:28 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Clarifying, because I realize "about the right age" sounds creepy - if we had had another one, like we always wanted, s/he would be about three.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:35 PM on May. 9, 2014

• I would let her stay in her room, with her door shut. Tell she could act right. I didn't put up with melt downs, or fits.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on May. 9, 2014

• nope- you want a tempermental 17 yr old? I'm SO glad he left with his siter to go to D&D night. I was done with him!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:15 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Sure, why not? She and my 7 year old can be cranky at each other.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:27 PM on May. 9, 2014

• I'll trade you for a 14 yr. old girl with PMS and AP exam jitters.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:24 PM on May. 9, 2014