Fibromyalgia

has ne1 ever has this if so could u please share ur story/ symptoms treatmeant? ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on May. 9, 2014 in Health

• Mine started about 5 months after my arthritis(autoimmune) started. I started getting pain in my muscles, trouble regulating my body temp. I was already in line to see a rhuematologist as my primary doctor ran out of ideas. I was diagnosed on my first appointment with the fibro. They typically do a tender point test. Most doctors follow the criteria of 13 out of 18 tender points(or more) to get a dx.

I have tried Lyrica(did nothing for me), Savella(horrible side effects), Cymbalta helped for a little while but when I attempted to up the dosage I got too ill from it.

I have several conditions that cause me pain and I have taken presription pain meds but in my opinion they tend to make my fibro worse. Attempting to be more active(but not too active, all depends on how my body reacts) and water aerobics is what helps the most.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:19 PM on May. 9, 2014

• Medications and diet help.
    abecee

Answer by abecee at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2014

• It is hell on my hubby. He takes Lyrica for it but I can't tell that it helps him. But he does have a menu of other health problems so maybe it does help the fibro but not the other stuff.

They say exercise (in water is the best) is good for it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:09 AM on May. 10, 2014

• Chiropractor has greatly helped mine.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:52 PM on May. 10, 2014

• I have found a natural suplement that will ease the symptoms very well, it is called Protandim, only available through distributors of the company that makes this remarkable product, I became one to spread the good word of this around...go check out this video, it will take 9 minutes of your time and maybe ease a lifetime of pain. ABCliveit.com, it is a prime time program on how this product works and why....

Answer by older at 8:47 PM on May. 10, 2014