Being an adult and bullying children.

If you practice this, I want to know what exactly makes you better then the child that was bullying your child?
How are you any better then a 7 year old, what goes through your adult mind when you think hey I'm going to be a total bitch to a kid.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 12:30 PM on May. 10, 2014 in Parenting Debate

• first, do you want ME to respond you YOUR post?

just want to make sure it's okay...
    ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:32 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Omg No stay out of my POST!! :)
    funlovinlady

Comment by funlovinlady (original poster) at 12:34 PM on May. 10, 2014

• "first, do you want ME to respond you YOUR post?"

LMAO
    Thairaze

Answer by Thairaze at 12:35 PM on May. 10, 2014

• well then, I guess I won't tell you that I agree with you!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:35 PM on May. 10, 2014

• All I can say is there are a lot of parents out there that need to grow the hell up. My kid bullies yours, you better damn well go through the proper channels and NOT mess with my kid. I will be happy to beat mines ass if the bullying is proven!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:36 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Good, don't tell me you agree with me, jeeze char!! Start your own post if you want to agree with me

Btw.. Baileys in coffee is delicious
    funlovinlady

Comment by funlovinlady (original poster) at 12:38 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Honestly I think it's worse, because we're grown adults and should know better. People apparently reach psychological/mental/brain maturity at 25, I think it was. We should know better than a seven year old, who is still developing and early on in his/her social training. In first grade they may have only had one year's experience in dealing with other kids (like my son, who is an only child and doesn't have friends come over, etc). To hold them to the same standards and act as though our meeting bullying with bullying is okay is ridiculous. Children learn and become mature by navigating these things, and we can't act as though a child's actions at seven determine who that child is going to be for the rest of his/her life. To act as though a CHILD deserves to be mistreated for being a child is hateful, IMO.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:38 PM on May. 10, 2014

• I just want to say one thing.

If you have a kid, your kid is one day going to be mean and ugly to someone. That's right. I said it. No one has a special, precious snowflake that will never be mean someone, to some degree.

So before people advocate for the electric chair (metaphorically) for a seven year old involved in a playground incident, they might want to consider their reactions when it's THEIR seven year old being a little shit.
    Thairaze

Answer by Thairaze at 12:39 PM on May. 10, 2014

• "My kid bullies yours, you better damn well go through the proper channels and NOT mess with my kid. I will be happy to beat mines ass if the bullying is proven!"

Exactly. If I were to ever catch my child treating another poorly I would DEFINITELY handle it, in some way that gets the message through and attempts to make up for whatever it was my child had done, starting with apology letters or phone calls, talks with the other child's parents to apologize to THEM, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:40 PM on May. 10, 2014

• And MY child is a precious snowflake, Thairaze :P ;)

Honestly, though, I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. He's the type of kid who can get hit and just say "that's not nice, I want to be your friend," haha.

I'm sure one day, though, it'll happen. He'll meet someone he doesn't like or something, and we'll have to make sure he understands the appropriate way to handle it. Right now he's really into being nice to everyone, though. Probably because he is just so happy to be around other kids, since he's an only child.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:42 PM on May. 10, 2014