S/O Have you ever been the victim of online bullying?

How did you handle it? We have seen this term thrown around many times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on May. 10, 2014 in Relationships

• tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:52 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Idk... you tell me. I was stalked all over a website, called names, I received crazy PMs and when I reported it to the website admins, they did nothing and even punished me for speaking out against the person when they continued to harass me and others on the website. That's probably not bullying though. That's just bad luck having come across a crazy person on the internet.
    anime0719

Answer by anime0719 at 5:02 PM on May. 10, 2014

• I guess I would like to know if taking these 'disagreements' or 'not getting along' beyond CM is considered bullying. Is it bullying to threaten other members? Because that can and DOES happen here.

Also, sending threatening PMs to people. Is that just petty disagreement, bitchiness, or actual bullying. Because I'm pretty sure threats are actual bullying.
    anime0719

Answer by anime0719 at 7:02 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Tess LMFAO!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:26 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Tell them to STFU!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:38 PM on May. 10, 2014

• Yes, I was targeted by a group on here that admitted they were trying to get a few of us banned. It was shady and underhanded.
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 5:46 PM on May. 10, 2014

• no
    i have not yet been "jumped"

;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2014

• "If you think you are being bullied or stalked then report the people you think are responsible."

And so what happens when the website you are being bullied on is actually protecting the bullies and punishing you for defending yourself? What if you had been using that website for far longer than the bully and didn't feel as though you should have to be the one to leave? It's just not so simple as some people want to believe it is.
    anime0719

Answer by anime0719 at 7:35 PM on May. 10, 2014

• "I do think some of you paranoid."

If I ever get a PM again threatening me, I will post it here to show you all that it really does happen. Just because you think it doesn't happen, doesn't mean it's not happening. Just because you don't believe something to be true, doesn't make it false. Just remember that.
    anime0719

Answer by anime0719 at 8:49 PM on May. 10, 2014

• "Did you not read where the OP stated it was wrong to PM anyone in that way! "

Yes, and in the same breath called people paranoid. Whatever, I'm done with anon assholes. Later!
    anime0719

Answer by anime0719 at 11:02 PM on May. 10, 2014