So we'll see it by April 1st? Who exactly will be getting it?

According to this article on ABCnews.com we will start seeing the tax cuts by April 1st of this year, and the typical family will see at least $65 extra in their paychecks. What do they consider typical? My hubby is military and I'm a SAHM wonder how much we will see. Also, will people who don't have jobs (seniors, unemployed, etc) not get anything? I'm still really confused on this stimulus even though I read about it daily.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• well if I save up that extra 13 dollars a week. I will be able to buy myself a wii for Christmas.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Haha sorry forgot to post the link to the story lol

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/02/the-tax-cut-has.html
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• This is probably why Fox had to sue for the information. They want everyone to know exactly how this will impact their lives, yet the government has no intention of transparency. Pathetic.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i have a feeling the typical family means if you are on welfare ssi or foodstamps i dont think any real family that actually works for a living will get crap from the government
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have a bad feeling that this will show that they intend to dig deep into the middle class pocket and create some animosity (well deserved if that is what is uncovered).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It's $65 a MONTH.

Roughly $16.00/week. But I think that is if married(family). $8.00/week if Individual(single)...  Not sure though.  Anyone have clarification?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• OH cracking up here! What exactly will we see.........the entire $13.00 a week or in a lump sum of $56.29?!!!!!!!! OH and by the way? What happened to the 40% - 50% tax cuts for those making $250,000.00 or less???????????????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW its $13.00 a week for the first year, $8.00 a week the seceding years for those making $73,000.00 or less single, $125,000.00 or less for married. BIG SH**!! What about small business tax cuts???? We just made the $250,000.00 tax cuts and thought, okay, that would be good, NOT NOW!!!!! Small businesses will be bankrupt within a year with this joker NObama!! Look ladies, don't spend your tax break all in one place!!! Spread that wealth around!!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• grlygrlz2, Huckabee had on his show the exacts on the bill. For single making $73,000.00 or less their tax break will be $8.00 p/week, married couple making $125,000.00 or less their tax break will be $13.00 (and some change) p/week. Only for the first year, after that the money goes from $13.00 p/week down to $8.00, I have forgotten what the $8.00 will go down to!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• And they said that the Bush Tax Cuts were for crap! This NObama tax cut is even worse than Clinton's, makes Clinton's look like lots of money!! =D By the way all you Bush haters, his tax breaks were WAY WAY more than $8.00 / $13.00 per week!!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:30 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• LOL yeah I meant $65 in their paychecks each month. Hey that would mean I could get off WIC though! So that is a big deal to me. Right now we live paycheck to paycheck, and we have to have WIC or we will run out of milk, cheese, and cereal way before we get paid again. Hubby's check is deposited on the 1st and 15th of each month. We pay bills on those days, get groceries and gas the next day, and send our kids to school with lunch money and by then we are broke 3 days after payday. So that extra $ would give me what I would need to cover what I buy with WIC right now.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:31 AM on Feb. 21, 2009