how rapidly does hcg increase?

If a person were to test one day and have it negative does the hormone increase rapidly enough for it to be a positive the next day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it doubles every 48 - 72 hours so if you are neg one day then wait a couple days then try again if neg again go to the dr and get a blood test because you many not be pregnant or the levels are to low to read on a home test
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• not fast enough! :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• That happened to me. We had a wine tasting and I was nervous about drinking. It was the day before I was expecting my period and I took a test. It was Neg. so I had some wine. Anyway, I took another one the very next morning and got a very very faint positive. Now I'm 23 weeks!
    Anonymous