Laundry detergent?

My SO went grocery shopping yesterday and didnt get baby laundry detergent like i asked. Well i dont have a car today and my DD's laundry seriously needs done. Have any of you ever used non-baby detergent on your LO's clothes? He got some cheap generic brand which i dont mind cause it doesnt phase me but should i use it on her clothes?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 11:28 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never bought the baby detergent. You can try it and see how your child reacts. Don't buy the baby brand, just buy the free and clear in another brand, same thing and cheaper. If you can hold out on washing clothes till you can get to the store again do so.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Run it through the rinse cycle twice. You shouldn't have any problems.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I would wait if you can....or use a mild hand soap and wash them by hand for now. I reccomend a Free&Clear type detergent..that way you don't have to buy more than one type...Purex's brand works well.

Or, switch to an all-natural brand...Purex's natural brand works great is better for us and the environment.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 11:36 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't use baby soap. I wash baby's clothes seperatly but in the same soap. I can't use free and clears because they aren't good on cloth diapers in my expereince but Tide has worked just fine for us.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If you're concerned just run her stuff through for a second rinse. There's really no reason for specific baby detergent.

I do use detergent (well, always have used) for sensitive skin. One of my boys breaks out pretty easy. I still bleach the whites, but do an extra rinse.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have never bought baby detergant. As long as your baby doesnt have a side effect laying on your clothes than you should be ok. do them and if he/she breaks out just rewash them in what you normally do.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I wash my son's clothes in all natural detergent. I just don't think the other stuff is very safe, when it's all chemicals absorbing into they're skin!

Anonymous

• from day one...i just washed my sons with mine in my laundry soap.
    CHECK your daughter is not allregic to it BEFORE you wash all clothes in it since her body is used to the baby soap.
    JaiceeRose

Answer by JaiceeRose at 1:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I use sun free and clear. I can't see spending that much money on baby detergent. If you can wait until you get back to the store and get one that is free and clear you should be okay. If you do a load of your laundry with the cheap detergent that he bought and expose her to the clean clothes with the new detergent and see how she does. If she is okay then wash her stuff with the cheap detergent he bought.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I've never used Dreft or any of those baby ones. That's just a marketing gimmick. I use All Free and Clear, but anything that is perfume and dye free is fine. No dryer sheets, either.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2009