Anybody else have sea monkeys hatching in their kitchen window?

My sons sea monkeys hatched this morning and he is thrilled!

So does anyone else have any strange kid pets around the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have every pet there is--literally--cats, dogs, rabbit, parrots, hermit crabs, fish. The big deal today is that our female guppy is going to have babies anytime now. She is in a special tank and my daughter has to check on her every 5 mins. We can't wait to see all athe little babies.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 11:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• How cute!!!

We tried to breed our tiger barbs and they did lay eggs but they never hatched.

Not sure what we did wrong, but we gave up ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You know what fish babies are called, right? Fry

This is really the name, just passing along silly useless info! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Oh, don't talk to me about sea monkeys! Lol.

My daughter had some last year but I think they are Yuk. They also went forth and multiplied, then the population explosion caused most to die off. So we left the aquarium on the window sill and hey presto! several days later more hatched out!
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 12:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• lol I had those when I was in like 8th grade...didn't know they still had them.
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 12:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• lol I had sea monkeys when I was a teen. I was working away from home one summer and I had a little kit set up on my dresser. Well it spilt and I had dead sea monkeys on my clothes as the drawers were open. I had alot of laundry to do. Apparently when they die and if yo udry them out or something like that then you can rehatch them.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009