military weddings

Im going to renew my vows to my husband when hes back from deployment we are thinking a year after he gets back on our anniversary so june 17th I need help to plan a military wedding like whats the rules and what can you have or not have? whats the cost Please help.

youngarmywife

Asked by youngarmywife at 11:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• sorry i got off subject there. contact your husband's unit's chaplain and he should give u a checklist of what to do in order to get married on post by him which should be free.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 6:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• What do you mean by a military wedding? Do you just mean your DH in uniform or what? Need more info to help...

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:56 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• the chaplain on post can do it. It is free for him to do it. Your best bet is to talk to him because I am sure he has done them before and can help you get situated with people to do the sabers and all that jazz.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Renew? So, are the old vows not good enough? I thought renewing vows was done after like 25 years of marriage.
    Anonymous

• lol anon 12:33! yeah renewing vows after such a short time seems inappropriate and a bit like "look at me! Look at me! I've been alone since my man was gone and I need attention! Buy me gifts!" Just go on vacation with him and enjoy him or have a coming home party for him but don't steal the man's thunder. For goodness sakes, he put his life on the line for you and his country and you want it to be about you? cause you know that man doesn't care about the vows thing. That's just sad. Quit thinking of yourself and let your dh have center stage on this one.
    Anonymous

• I meant to ask about that, you look young and your name is YOUNGarmywife....so why are you renewing your vows so soon? It is usually done after 25 years so you can say look we made it this far and we'll make it another 25!!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• man give her a break most military people are young and cant affort a wedding the first time around.. go for it.. look online for military weddings depenting on the branch there are different ways off doing it...
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• oh gee whiz.. are you all catty and jealous or what????? MANY military families begin at a JOP and then later on have a larger wedding for family and friends! Got a problem with? Send it to my inbox cause guess what I am doing it on my 3rd wedding anniversary so my daddy can walk me down the aisle. And guess what sisters- it was my husband's idea..
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Hey, I'm a Navy wife and I know how the military thing goes. So don't direct anything towards me.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 2:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• A lot of men and women renew their vows after being married a short time bc they did with a justice of the peace. A lot of people would actually like to have a religious ceremony. My husband and I were planning on doing it also around 5 years. Our families weren't with us, it would be nice to have that option to have family there. We don't want any gifts, nor do we need any. But to have our second ceremony actually documented with photographs would be nice.
    CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 3:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009