How do other moms deal w/children hitting each other?

How do you deal with situtations when your children either push, hit or whatever another one of your children? I see that it's becoming an issue here at my home. They are acting like normal kids, but I don't condone hitting in my home. What I do is put them in time out. They are all 5, 5, 6 and 7. But I see that it's not getting me anywhere. I dont allow them to "bite back". Now my step daughters mother rolls that way but I DO NOT see it as an eye for an eye...so, what do you ladies do?

Patrina1981

Asked by Patrina1981 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My two boys fight like cats and dogs. I explain to them what they did wrong and why it is not right then they go to the time out one minute for how old they are. After they are done the have to explain why they got a time out so that way I know they fully understand why they were being punished in the first place. When they are done the must say sorry and hugg and if they dont they want to they dont get to come out until they do. You have to stick to it no matter how much they scream or it wont work. My boys still fight but not as bad as they use to. Good luck to ya!
    izzyandbuggsmom

Answer by izzyandbuggsmom at 5:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009