prenatal vitamins?

I'm 20 weeks, almost 21, and noticed I am almost out of prenatal vitamins..
How long am I supposed to take them for? the entire pregnancy? or was it just for the first trimester?
sorry so many questions just curious as to when I'll have to pick more up.
Thanks

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 12:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes you keep takening them the whole time its to make sure you get everything your and baby needs the whole pregnancy and after you have your baby if you breast feed they recommend you to continue to take them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Entire pregnancy and while breastfeeding. And keep taking them after pregnancy if you plan on having a child at any time. Especially your DHA pills. It is good for you babies IQ.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I took mine 2months prior to TTC and am still taking them at 19 weeks. My doctor said that I should be taking them for my entire pregnancy and even for a few weeks after birth.
    JulianeB

Answer by JulianeB at 12:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You should take them ... but I didn't really take mine. I didn't like the ones I was taking, so I switched to Flintstone vitamins ... but then I wouldn't remember to take one, so I ended up not taking any. I don't remember how far along I was, but I wasn't as far as you.

I think if you have a really good diet, then it's alright if you don't take them. I had a healthy pregnancy, ate well, and had a very healthy baby.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You should take them your entire pregnancy, during breastfeeding and throughout your childbearing years if you plan on having more children some day. They are vital to proper development for the baby, especially the nervous system and to make sure you do not become depleted of vitamins and minerals (especially iron). Pre-natal vits are most important in the first trimester.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2009