Who thinks Ludacris's statement was racist?

At one of his concerts he said..."And if it wasn't for white people I wouldn't be selling 2 to 3 millions records and sh*t...love y'all." Is this racist or simply the truth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course its obvious that the only racism is not just against african americans, if that was the case the N word would be the only racist word. There are many of them. What I have read her though is a double standard. I saw a post that said he was a "tasteless, unclassy dirtbag"(directed towards the singer) and then I just read a Anon explode because another one said "Uptight white woman". I do see uptight white women on here, all over here. Sorry I am a white woman myself and I can say that and not feel bad about saying it at all. If you are making a huge deal about music that you don't even listen too you are uptight. You are the ones that just assume rap music breeds criminals and racists and therefore you are uptight. You don't know what life is like out of your own little bubble. so what- he said what he said, get over it. What do you want from him? He doesn't owe any of you anything. Good lord.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• sorry but news flash ludacris is ALWAYS racist , and i like him
    Anonymous

• Wo cares if it was, I mean it is OK to be Gay, It's OK to abort babies, it's OK to have 8 babies implanted in you. We are a nation of people who want choices. If one chooses to be racist who cares.
    Anonymous

• I think he meant that mostly white people buy his albums. How is that racist? he is acknowleging the people who buy his albums and Thanking them.
    Anonymous

• I'm not a fan at all. I think he degrades women. But I dont believe it was racist...it was true. Rap/Hip Hop can't be supported by the 12% of black people in America. They are making lots of money off of white people.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think he was just trying to make the point that many people believe that hip hop and rap music are associated only with African Americans and he is pointing out that that view is false. I don't find what he said racist whatsoever.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't think so.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Most black people do NOT listen to hip hop and rap. It's a large population of white kids who want to be gangsta that listen to it. I am, btw, white.
    Anonymous

• RACIST TO THE CORE! IF IT WERE A WHITE ARTIST SAYING THE SAME THING BUT TO THE BLACKS, IT WOULD BE RACIST.
    Anonymous

• I think that Ludicris is definitely racist and he is a woman hater as well. I am not a fan!  I have to agree with Anon, if the tables were turned, it would be racist!! Why say any color at all? Why not just say "all you that buy my album, love y'all".......

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009