Do you complain at resturant when you get dirty dishes or bad food.

My daughter order a desert and got it on a dirty skillet that had steak on it before. YuK!! The manager did ask her what would you want?? my daughter said nothing thanks, we are never coming back again.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No...don't mess with people making your food : )
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If it is really bad I do. I have worked in a restaurant and I have realized there is nothing wrong with complaining when it is legit. Just be tasteful when you complain and realize it is NOT the servers fault :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Thats gross. Yes I complain tactfully. My husband was a waiter so we know its usually not there fault at all. When that happens I expect a replacement at the very least.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It depends on what type of restaurant I am at. If I am at a really nice, fancier restaurant then yes I would politely ask for it to be replaced. They truly care about the diners experience so they will replace it with no problem. However I have heard about some really gross things that other waiters and cooks do to food that someone complains about lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I complain politely to the server who has always taken it away. I also leave a generous tip.

Answer by Bmat at 1:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yes I do. We pay for a service and should expect nothing less than good service, clean dining area and certainly clean plates and utensils with which to eat.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• if it was dirty plates or utensils.. yes, I would complain.. thats how people get sick! But.. you ahve to be careful messing with people who make your food, lol. Most places I wouldnt worry.. but there are some places you would be liable to get a spit sandwich back in return..
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yes, I would say something. A person can get food poisoning from food that goes bad and food that is left on plates is just gross!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If we are talking about dirty or undercooked I do complain, nicely mind you. It isn't the server's fault. I don't want to get sick & I don't want my family sick. I was at a restaurant a little while ago and the spoon & dish for my son's mac & cheese was dirty so back it went

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Speaking as a chef's wife,I would complain...tactfully,of course....the dish machines are not the greatest....it isn't the server's fault,it is the fault of the person who plates the food!
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 4:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2009