Have you seen the Sonic Commercial about the allowance and $$$$ growing on trees?

There is a Sonic Commercial out right now that depicts a mother thanking her son for taking her out for lunch on his allowance. She mentions purchasing another dollar menu iten and he replies money does'nt grow on trees. And then says well no I guess techinically it does since money is made of paper...
Money is NOT made of paper, it's made of cloth...I learned this in Elementary school. I assuming so did every one else. Have you seen this commercial? Are you at all surpised to see them depicting a falsehood on televison like that? I mean I know tv lies, but it seemed odd to not correct a false statement as simple and well known as that one is.

tat2edmommyof2

Asked by tat2edmommyof2 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its a commercial .. really are you that bend out of shape over a commercial ?????
    Anonymous

• It is a funny Commercial. I love when the boy said, "so, how much did you pay for your purse?"
    I do believe they should not be a depiction of a falsehood on T.V. Kids learn from watching TV, like or not.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Seriously? Is this a serious queston?
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I thought the commercial was cute.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The commercial is funny.. there should be a category called Uptight question instead of Just For Fun section.
    Anonymous

• I didn't know money was made from cloth and I'm getting ready to graduate with my bachelor's degree. Guess that was the day I played hookie.
    Anonymous

• Let's not attack the mom that posted the question. I don't have TV so haven't seen the commercial. Yes, it sounds funny, no TV shouldn't lie, but it does. Yes, I knew money was made from cloth, but I don't think it's a widespread matter of fact. If those that didn't know it's made from cloth have ever wasshed money in a pants pocket or something, did you wonder why it didn't get destroyed like other paper? Just saying that you probably knew, and never put the two together.
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I didn't know it was made from cloth, but I knew it wasn't made from like regular notebook paper or copy paper just for the reason a previous poster gave about when you wash it. I thought the commercial was funny and sadly the average american won't care that they lied. That's life for ya.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 1:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i dont think its that big of a deal. and no i never learned that! and i'm a college grad! but if you are that worried dont let your kids watch tv or teach them afterwards that its not true. my opinion
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 1:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• LOL Kelly I really never did put that together!!! That's kinda funny.
    Anonymous