Cleaning

Does anyone have a power steamer to clean their home? If so, what brand and does it live up to the hype? I am considering buying one. Thanks.

threeisenuff

Asked by threeisenuff at 12:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a Shark Steamer Mop. I don't think it's considered a power-steamer though. I love it. I steam my area rugs, hardwood floors and tile and it uses no chemicals. It's cheaper than the H20 mop. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have a Shark Steamer, can't remember which model though, but it is one I can carry around the house to use on everything & anything, so technically not a power steamer I think. Anyway, it has attachments for making the handle longer & cleaning the floors or walls, scrubbing grout, or steam cleaning soft surfaces like beds & curtains. I use mind constantly, especially for doing the bathrooms, and it works really well. The only complaint I have about it is that it runs out of water too fast and I have to fill it several times before I'm finished with a whole room, but other than that, no complaints. I've had mine for several years (got it when they first came out) and I'm thinking about getting a new one with a bigger water tank so it will last longer before it needs refilling.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have a Bissel steam cleaner, its good for spot cleaning from accidents etc but I wouldnt use it on a reg basis because none of the home cleaners can suck the crap out as well as the professional cleaning companies... We only put carpet in the bedrooms when we remodeled so they don't get a lot of traffic... Hardwood everywhere else is soooo much easier...
    Anonymous