DD8 Not Changing Panties

My DD8 has to be reminded all the time to change her panties. We have gotten her days of the week panties and even put a calandor in her room so she can see the days of the week. She is starting her body change and just recently had to start wearing a bra at all times. She is good about changing her bra and making sure to wear a clean one dayly but her panties eeewww I have thrown so many away because there just nasty. HELP what to do??? I have talked calmly to her I have yelled and I've gotten to the point at one time to ignor it but she gets a form of a rash down there and cries to me that it hurts and burns ugggg.

Momof2Stepof3

Asked by Momof2Stepof3 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-4 Credits)
  • Have you asked her flat out why she hates having clean one's on? Perhaps she feels some kind of pain down there from the detergent your using? It's strange that she doesn't care to have clean ones on..but wants a clean bra...tell her that she is getting a rash from wearing dirty underwear. I'm sure you alrd have, but there's not much you really can do..except ask her every morning if she put clean ones on!

Anonymous

• why don't you simply watch her change her panties in the morning... I know it sound funny, but if handing her and making sure she has changed them daily ... it may be embarrassing to her,  and she may then realize that she needs to do it....

Also you may want to explain to her about being clean and what happens or could happen if she wears the same panites all the time...

I have a 8 yr old boy... and I have to remind him daily to change...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Have her lay out her clothes the night before including panties. Or have her change them before bad and start having her bring her dirty clothes including panties to you so you can sort them to be washed. No need to embarrass her about it just make it clear that it needs to be done and find a way to keep track of it with out being to personal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I remember being like, 11 and going through a phase of HATING showers. (Like a week or two without one! LOL)

One day my older brothers friends were over (and of course I was kinda crushing on them) and my mom told me how I needed to take a shower RIGHT in front of them...

I was so embarrassed, BUT, I started showering regularly after that.

I'm not saying to tell her she needs to change in front of anyone, but Embarrassment does have a way of snapping kids out of bad habits..
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Get a medical book that explains Yest Infections, read that to her and explain that yest infections will happen if she doesn't change her underwear everyday.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have to remind my son at times so I lay out clean ones with his clothes. If I see that he has not changed them I send him back to change.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• you could try having her get a bath or shower EVERY day. we always tell my step daughter and son to go get clean undies and pajamas before they get in the bath or shower. so then she just about has to put the clean ones on. also, if you think she will put the dirty ones on after the shower just go in and take the dirty clothes out of the bathroom so they arent there for her to put on.

i have to remind my step daughter to change her panties if she doesn't get a shower or bath that day. so i completely understand.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I do not want to scare you but I would not take my panties off, I even showered with them on. I was molested and never wanted to be without them. On time we were at the beach and ended up staying in a hotel unexpectedly. My mom wanted to wash my panties in the sink because they were sandy and I freaked out. I wouldn't take them off. She started crying and asked me WHY was I so upset (she knew in her heart at that point) I finally told her. It had been 10 years! I am still strange about undies and although I do not shower in them, that is the only time I take them off. I suggest talking about good touch, bad touch with her and that if it ever happened is was not or never would be her fault, etc. I hope this is not the case, but it was with me!

Anonymous

• I used to need reminders when I was young. I think it hit home when my cousins, who lived with us, started teasing me and joking about the fact that I hadn't changed in a couple of days! It just didn't seem like a big deal to me until then. That's when I realized how important hygiene is. Just keep reminding her and agree with above posters. If you help her change them everyday, she may not want you to and will start doing it herself. Good Luck!
    Anonymous