infant carrier....need advice asap

So my dd is 8 months old. I have a travel system (graco snugride if it matters) anyway i dont have a car and i was going to go out with a few friends and just take the trolley and put her in her stroller. Well my mom said she can take us home when im done so i would also need her infant carrier. Is there a weight limit on keeping the infant carrier with the stroller. she is about 19lbs give or take. i just dont wanna put too much weight on the stroller with her being in the carrier?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 2:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No it shouldn't matter, my dd is 24lbs at 7 and a half months and we just stopped using the carseat in the stroller, we used it monday and it was fine.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You'll be fine, my 35lb daughter goes in the stroller. A 19lb kid and the carrier probably don't even hit 35lbs.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 2:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't think that's too much. I am glad that even though you don't have a car that you are still keeping your baby safe.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• thanks....we have a car lol just only 1 and my fiance needs it for work
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The weight limit for the carrier is less than the weight limit for the stroller. To keep a stroller in good condition, you shouldn't put more than 55lbs in a single stroller (I have a Graco single stroller too and that's what my instructions said). The carrier should only hold up to 22lbs leaving you in the clear. Make sure you bring the base along with you for the carride home. You cannot travel with an infant without he or she being securely snapped into a carseat properly installed in a car (I'm sure you know that, just thought I would mention).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• As long as she's within the weight limit to use it as a carseat, its fine to use it with the stroller. And I'm sure 19 lbs is within the limit for an infant carrier. Even if she was heavier, it wouldn't hurt the stroller, it just wouldnt be safe as a carseat.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009