What are you thankful for today?

I know I'm supposed to be asking a question, but I'm just really thankful today. I've had a sinus problem sense before Thanksgiving, and it wouldn't go away, finally they did a CT Scan and they found a large tumor that had grown from my nose through my sinus's all the way around my eye and over the top of my nose. They biopsied it Friday, and I 've been terrified. Well it's not cancer, it's a Papiloma Tumor with polyps clustered all over it (sounds really gross!). They may have to do surgery, but they're going to try to shrink it and kill it with medication first.

Today I'm feeling so relieved. I hope I don't need surgery, but I don't have cancer. So thankful today.

So let's make this a question. What are you thankful for today? Wishing you all good health.

ohwrite

Asked by ohwrite at 1:03 PM on May. 21, 2014 in Health

• Wonderful news for you!

Honestly, I am truly grateful for the warmth. As trite as it sounds, this winter was a tough one so the sunshine and warm temperatures really have a profound affect on my outlook
    Thairaze

Answer by Thairaze at 1:26 PM on May. 21, 2014

• I am happy for the good news My brother had these and did need to have surgery. His nose was really soar for about 24 hours (and he is a real baby about pain of any kind) and then lessening levels of uncomfortable.
    If I remember right the worst was the urge to blow his nose and being told not to do it.
    Just glad I woke up to one more beautiful day and everything in it..
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:29 PM on May. 21, 2014

• Thank you ladies, and Dardenella, thank you for sharing your brothers experience. If I do have to have the surgery, that really doesn't sound so bad!
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 1:40 PM on May. 21, 2014

• Omgosh, how scary! And how wonderful it's not the big C word!!! I hope you're able to combat it without the surgery. <3

It's my birthday, so I'm just enjoying the day. DH went out and got me a cake, so I wouldn't have to bake my own (although my baking is much better than pre-made stuff, lol), and I'm just being lazy today, since I have an excuse ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:53 PM on May. 21, 2014

• Thank you bandgeek, and Happy Birthday. Hope you have an amazing day. I'll toast your birthday tonight, with hubby!
    ohwrite

Comment by ohwrite (original poster) at 2:05 PM on May. 21, 2014

• Aww, thank you, ohwrite :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:07 PM on May. 21, 2014

• What good news for you!

I am thankful for all the good things in my life especially my family.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:17 PM on May. 21, 2014

• Happy Birthday bandgeek!!! many more happy ones to come!!!

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on May. 21, 2014

• I am happy all the time but for today I am happy because although I miss my son he is happy in LA!

Answer by older at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2014

• Thanks, older :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2014