What do you really think about the Duggar family on TLC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think its great that they can support all of those kids! But I really think that they should stop now since they just had their 18th child! Pretty crazy that she could even indure that!! I can't believe her uterus didn't fall out... hahahaha... I love big families though, so its pretty cool!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm disgusted by it, as much as John and Kate.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think they are all very nice people but too many kids. That's my opinion. I wonder if she'll be pregnant the same time her new daughter-in-law might be one day.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 2:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think if the children grew up feeling that they were loved and had all of their needs met...which would seem hard...then I think it is really none of our business. I guess you open yourself up to public criticism when you go on TV. As for John and Kate, I liked it for awhile until everybody started buying them surgery and trips etc. That is not what it is like in the real world.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I like them. I'm intrigued by their life style, and I like her mothering style. She's got some good discipline techniques, and I like the rules they've set for their kids.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have often wondered why these people 'rubbed me wrong'. I appreciated that they children were all taken care of and they were supported by their own business. It appears that they had good values and much love for each child...

It all just seemed ....toooooo squeeky clean for me to believe. Then I discovered that he was a state representative. Soooo....I guess that explains alot.

You cannot believe what ya see....there is another family behind this 'tv version'!
    Anonymous

• When comparing Jon and Kate...it is comparing oranges to apples.

Jon and Kate did not choose to have a large family!

Anonymous

• All families have fights, tantrums, attitudes and whatnot. This family is no different. That is just a part of life. I admire them immensely for the fact that they are DEBT FREE, and the mom does not have to work. They are not a drain on our society, they are a productive asset to it. That to me speaks volumes considering there are so many families out there who do not manage their finances properly. They teach their kids how to handle money, be good spouses, and good parents. Family is the backbone of society.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I think they are strange. Just a little too perky for my liking. Every person Ive known that was that perky had mental issues.

Kudos for them for being able to support all those children tho.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I watch and think on the one hand that it is great that they can support such a large family and they all seem so well behaved half the time I can't control my one so I admire the mom being able to control 18. On the other hand I see things where they say that all of the olders are assigned to help raise a younger and think that is totally unfair to the older kids, they didn't have that baby and should not have primary responsiblity over a sibling. Helping out around the house and every one pitching in is one thing but with that many the olders have too much responsibility.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2009