What are you into lately???

I go through phases of what I'm into in my life. My last phase was reading and learning new things. I would read all day everything I could get my hands on. I was into the history of all the wars, animals, human behavior and communication. I still read a lot but that phase is over. I've moved on to cleaning and redecorating our home. I have cleaned the entire home from top to bottom, closets, cabinets, storages, etc and organized every drawer, under the sinks, cabinets, etc. We cleaned all the carpets and walls and it looks great but now I've started redecorating. I've never redecorated a house so this is really fun.

Were getting new couches and tables, new kitchen table, putting decorative shelves up on the wall in the entry hall and painting some rooms. The carpets are ok for now. I'm getting new curtains so no more blinds only on all the windows. I'm especially enjoying doing the kids rooms. I ordered new comforter sets for their beds, curtains, will get new furniture..just not quite yet, painting and getting items for their rooms like clocks, closet organizers, ceiling fans, beanbags, lamps and cute rugs. DD10s room will be pink with zebra and purple designs to accent it. DS13s room is in neutral tones but also animal prints, just more subtle leopard touches throughout the room. I'm having so much fun!!!

The kids also got to pick out 2 new items each for their rooms and DS chose a stereo system (very loud) and a pair of Beets headphones. DD chose a tv and an Xbox. It feels so good to get them some nice things because for a while we were struggling pretty bad and they didn't get much from me. Maybe one small gift for holidays and birthdays and maybe just a card. They've been so understanding and are such good kids so I don't mind rewarding them with some gifts.

I'm not made of money now either but things have settled down and I'm in a position to buy a few new things finally...and I'm lovin' it. Were not a materialistic family but it is nice to have new toys and things and I'm also lovin' the spotless, clutter free, organized home. It smells so good..lol. I love being at home now.

When this is over I'll move on to a new phase, not sure what yet. Maybe art..oil painting, sculpture, charcoal drawings or maybe photography. I don't know but that's what I have in mind. I'm having a great day and I just wanted to share some of the little things in my life that are important and make me happy and peaceful inside.

So what are you into lately? Please tell. I like to know what others interests and activities are in their lives. (Sorry so long).

jenny3344

Asked by jenny3344 at 11:17 AM on May. 25, 2014 in Just for Fun

• I am into driving back and forth to baseball and softball and sitting through 3 hour games. I am also into texting my son and asking where he is. Ha ha I wish I was kidding.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:51 AM on May. 25, 2014

• I'm still huge into religion. And I'll forever be a fangirl, so I'm in to books, tv shows, video games, etc. And I'm still big into music.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:56 AM on May. 25, 2014

• I'm into driving the kids to football too and sitting out in the hot sun for 2 hours during a game or practice. And Into always texting or calling to know where they are so I hear ya. They come first of course and I'm more of a mom than a decorator. I learned that I need something in my life to do to keep me sane though. And my phases keep me sane.
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on May. 25, 2014

• Benedict Cumberbatch (always). ; )

I just started training for the Miles for Melanoma 5K at the end of June. I probably won't run it, or at least I won't run all of it.

I'm also still really into my writing. It's just that I don't have the time to do it. I've attended some workshops and writer's groups to help me get motivated to finish, but it's difficult to make the time. Plus I'm stuck in the world building phase, mostly because I love that part of it, and I want to make sure everything is just right.
    anime0719

Answer by anime0719 at 1:08 PM on May. 25, 2014

• I think it's nice you're trying new things and it sounds like fun. Is it that you get bored easily or aren't satisfied or just interested in new stuff?

I'm into all things metaphysical and I'm doing a ton of meditation.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:09 PM on May. 25, 2014

• Yes I get bored very easily especially once I've mastered something. Then there's no challenge so I'm always looking for new things to try or learn. I have to keep my mind busy all the time or I get bored and depressed. I like tackling things I've never done because it's more challenging and fulfilling. I'm actually pretty satisfied, just bored sometimes.
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on May. 25, 2014

• I'm never bored, there's always more that I want to do than that I have time to do.

I love to write, read, and sew. There is so much learning and growing involved that I never feel that I've mastered them. Even when i start to feel skilled, I find new techniques, and new technology that takes each of my passions to a new level.

Oh, and I love to cook as well.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:51 PM on May. 25, 2014

• I don't think I really go through phases. I always love reading, hiking, camping, fishing, and so on. The only thing I can think of is I have been working out, but it's not a phase, it's me being tired of hating my body. I also have noticed I'm more into crafting than I used to be, but I blame Pinterest for that. I have a ton of projects I want to do, but I have no room to do them because we have a tiny apartment and no yard.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:56 PM on May. 25, 2014

• Buying bling keeping some selling others, that is ending this month been at it for a year.
    NB14

Answer by NB14 at 7:03 PM on May. 25, 2014

• Same thing year after year
    abecee

Answer by abecee at 2:07 PM on May. 26, 2014