Is anyone attending Kaplan university (an online school)?

Or has anyone graduated from there and gotten a decent job? I was thinking of doing it since its online and it would work with my schedule, but I dont want it to be a waste of money if I graduate and am still making a little above minmum wage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• ill be watching this question been thinking about it myself
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I attend Kaplan and love it. I don't think getting a job is related to the school you go to but how you do and the field in which you wish to get a job. It is one of the fastest growing online colleges and they offer many programs that other schools do not. I'm currently enrolled in their Health Sciences program and will graduate with everything I need to start grad school for speech pathology.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 2:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I took one semester of Kaplan online. I really enjoyed it, just be careful with how you finance it. I did a Stafford loan and ended up having to pay $3000 for that one semester because I was unable to continue on for another semester due to my husband deploying and my kids being out of school, and traveling over the summer among other circumstances. So just don't get stuck with a $3000 loan for a semester and you should be fine! I was taking courses for basic medical, and they were really good courses. I learned a lot and found it very enjoyable experience.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I have to agree with AprilDJC, Kaplan is expensive. They have financial services that will go over all your payment options before you enroll though.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 2:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I am enrolled with National American University ( the one with the dumb commercials) and am doing some of my classes online. Depending upon what you're interested in, they offer a lot of online programs. I don't think they are as expensive as Kaplan. I'm enrolled in a nursing program and when I'm finished I'll have my R.N. degree. When I'm finished with it, I'll be able to get a job making really good money. You might also check their programs out.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I attend AMU/APUS... really low tuition, books are free, and an excellent school. I am currently halfway through my second year and getting my bachelors in criminal justice.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm not but my friend is, and she absolutely loves it..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2009