What is it?

I had to have 2 c-sections. Now, I have this kangaroo pouch. What is that? Just extra skin? Will it ever go away? I wear a size 10, on good days right now, and I want to get down to atleast an 8. What do I have to do to make the pouch go away?

family.of.four

Asked by family.of.four at 2:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had a c-section too and I have the same problem. Its so nasty to look at. I was wondering the same thing! I'm thinking its just extra skin, but how do u get it to go away? If you loose the weight will it go down some or will it just be that much more loose and saggy? So yeah, you're not the only one..I'm right there with ya!
    Anonymous

• Some of it is skin and some of it is from the c-section scar, you can lose the fat but the skin will not go back to what it was before, alot of us moms have a pouch, some just not as big as others, the pouch is kinda like stretch marks...some go away and some dont
    I am a size 5 and still have mine.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• im also here with you all. if you do crunches and sit ups it will help some but I dont think it will ever go away cause its skin. not fat or anything so people have told me to get a tummy tuck or live with it and im just going to live with it and try my best to get it done as much as I can :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Unfortunately, yes, its extra skin that's just left. And that's just from the way they cut you then sewed you back up. Surgery is the only way to permanently get rid of the extra skin.

You can tighten back up some, but it won't ever go completely away. (I've had 2 C-sections also).

Band your belly...meaning, wear a girdle. My mom (and actually a LOT of women) swear by this method to (I guess) get your body to 'absorb' some of the extra skin so its just not hanging (doesn't that sound gross? LOL). Or something like that.
    Its most effective if you do it right after birth and for the first 306 months...but of course, nobody told me that until 4 months ago (my youngest is now 19 months lol). So I just resolved the next 6-9 months wearing it everyday.

So try that...it may help.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i still have mine.. but i go to the gym daily and have been working hard on losing my baby weight... i should say after weight.. i lost 60 lbs with my son, while pregnant.. and gained 80 back.. my hormones and PCOS went out of control... UGGHhh! i will always have a pouch and i dont care.. i have my son after trying for ten years.. but i have been doing ab workouts and OMG.. i work out on this machine at ballys and right now, im on 70lbs and doing 250 of them.. they burn when im done, but my core is so strong that when i stand up straight, things start to look a bit flatter..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I've had 3 ...so yea...I know the feeling lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It's called a pinniculus. The only way to get rid of it is through a tummy tuck. I had a tummy tuck to get rid of mine and after 3 more kids, the belly flop hasn't returned.
    Anonymous