Would You Treat Yourself?

Let's say there's an outfit you love and it costs $130 from a catalog, so you haven't tried it on. Technically, you have the $130 to spend, but it could be spent in a lot of other, more useful ways. You are knocking hard on age 40 and the outfit in question is decidedly "steampunk" in design. Would you buy the outfit?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 2:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would buy it. Sometimes you gotta splurge on yourself!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• if it was money *I* had I'd get the outfit. If it was just an extra 130$ in the family budget, I dunno...
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 3:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Me personally, yes I would...I buy clothes about once a year if that because I never see anything I like. I say go for it. :)
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 3:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I don't know.. I don't like catalogs much.. however you can check out fifteendollars.com and you may find the same thing for $15.. and then you get the best of both worlds. Shop around for a bit, you may find what you like, but cheaper.. or type in the name of the dress and see if they have them cheaper elsewhere.. anyways, that's what I do, and I normally save BIG TIME that way and still end up with the outfit I want :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Nope. $130 for me, for any outfit, is seriously WAYYYYY too much, especially for one that I hadn't had the chance to see in person and try on.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2009