After your children turned one did you find they were more sick?

My child has been sick a lot since turning one. He was never sick, not even a runny nose the first year of life. Is this common. I was told that certain anti-bodies that kids are born with leave at the one year mark. There fore leaving their immune systems very susceptible to illness. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I should also add that he is now almost two years old. Was never in preschool until two months ago.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was the same way she is about to be 3 and has been sick more this year than ever and had never been n preschool or daycare and is up to date on all shots.I think it has alot to do with the parents immune system before they turn 1 they have tons of antibodies but after that they take after their parents. My DD has my immune system I get sick easy my DH doesnt.
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 3:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009