Okay so my son is 6 months old, & he has a bad fever. & I was wondering if there was anything I could do for him besides infant Tylenol?????? Pretty_Prego

He has the fever because he is teething & had his shots yesterday. But the Tylenol only seems to be helping very shortly because he keeps having these nasty fit randomly when all he does is cry & nothing I do helps I've tried giving him his binki, Feeding him a bottle & everything but nothing seems to work for long!!!

Pretty_Prego

Asked by Pretty_Prego at 3:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use some motrin as long as he is over 12 lbs and you can alos try teething tablets. They worked great for us. Just remember that babies can be more fussy for a few days following vaccines.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i've found if i give my son a bath after shots it helps him rest and i just let him sleep all day and touch his legs where he got his shots other than that just the tylenol
    Memosmom

Answer by Memosmom at 3:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Once they're over 6 mo. you can use Motrin. It is actually safer (reduced risk of over dose and studies show lower incidence of later issues). It has an anti inflammatory in it so it is more likely to help with teething and vaccine pain. (If you absolutely have to, most doctors will tell you you can alternate between Motrin and Tylenol...overlapping effective periods by about an hour ...i.e. Take Motrin and 7 hours later (instead of 8), take tylenol and 5 hours later (instead of 6) more Motrin)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• motrin. then tylenol. rotate every 4 hours.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• a high fever is NOT from teething...its probably the shots...you need to keep on top of it with tylenol and motrin. its harder to catch up to it than to keep on top of it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009