is it illegal in kansas for one parent to disappear with a child and deny the other parent from visitation? and what can you do about it?

my son is two years old we dont have any court papers granting either person custody and we live in kansas. every know and then he will call me but he would then change his number about a week or two later. what do i do? can charges be pressed against him for this? it has been 8 months since i have seen my child and i miss him so much. please any advice or help would be much appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call family court for your county they can help you!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm not sure what the laws are in Kansas. I assume you two were never married?? In Oklahoma the mother is automatically granted custody if the parents werent married, reguardless of rather or not fathers name is on the BC. I think Kansas is the same way but im not sure. Do some research on the laws in your state. You can also google legal advice. Lots of law firms allow you to email questions which will be answered by people in their offices. (just make sure you do the research and email a legit firm).
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2009