Needlepoint project suggestions needed

Hi, I am working on a 5"x7" needlepoint right now--very pretty design of poppies. When I have the canvas done, I want to do something neat with it--besides the usual frame and display. What do you do with your needlepoint or cross-stich projects? Pillows? Footstools? I would love suggestions!

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 3:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I like making trays, you know, like the ones you use to bring someone breakfast in bed with the raised sides? You just have to have a piece of glass cut to fit the bottom of the tray and put the finished piece between the glass & the tray. Then you can use it to serve guests drinks and it's also a pretty display piece.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 12:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• This would probably be easier to show than explain, but I don't have a pic of it handy. My grandmother made one that is inset into a long banner of fabric. The fabric is hemmed to a point at the bottom, and the top is hemmed over a decorative rod, then the rod is hung by wire attached at each end and looped over the hook it hangs from. It's like a long bell-pull design, but instead of the whole needlepoint piece being shaped like the bell-pull, it's just a regular 8x10 set into a fabric bell-pull. She did another that was 3 smaller pictures set into one piece of long fabric, one above the next with some room between each, but I never saw it after she finished it and gave it away.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• maybe use it to make a tote that you can carry around. if you can needlepoint you can backstitch the peice together.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Frame it with material to match and make a wall hanging
    nurse_mom5

Answer by nurse_mom5 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009