My husband has a godson, whose mom does not want us to socialize with them . What should we do with his Graduation gift?

We were away in another state when we got the invite by cell for that evening. So we tried so many times to go over . It's her family, we don't belong at her family parties. They have such busy schedules with 4 kids. Her husband told me that if he does not follow what wifey says, he gets none in the bedroom. Meanwhile, he'll call my husband to go out on his own. Thank Goodness, my hubby says no. What should we say to the queen the next time we see her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• When you see her just do not let her affect you at all, smile ask how have you been move on. If she makes it so obvious how she feels then be glad to deliver. Now for the Godson bless his heart he is in the middle of this mess I will suggest maybe get him a prepay cell phone and you can call and talk to him on your dime they are relatively inexpensive and she can't control when or how long you guys talk to him. Sounds like she runs her chicken house and her husband needs to grow a back bone!If I were your hubby I would probably tell him if she didn't want to give it up unless she got her way she would have spider webs in that thang! LOL! She must be jealous of your relationship with her son. Pity her and be glad she is not an everyday visitor in your life!:) Don't get mad and throw the baby out with the dishwater that is his mom no matter what and whatever you say about her or to her she will use against yal.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Call the graduate and tell him that you are sending him something and tell him you are sending it certified so he will know either way he is getting it. It doesn't matter about the mom. Just let him know somehow to expect something.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• What kind of person asks someone to be a God father to their child and doesn't want to be around them? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being a GF? Send money and don't tell her anything unless you want to mention how rude it was of her to call the day of the event anyway!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i agree. mail it to him certified, or even better, call hiim up and ask him to meet you for a dinner with just you three and don't invite her. he's graduating. he's old enough to decide these things for himself.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009