What do you do when you have a fussy baby all day?

and your the only one home to watch the baby?
I'm getting annoyed, he's just being whiny. Nothing is wrong with him. He just wants to whine. Even when I hold him. I've tried every thing it seems like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you got a sling or other soft carrier?

If you don't - GET ONE!
    If you do - pop him in, get outside and go walk. It'll do you both some good.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yeah a walk in the stroller usually quiets my baby. The only problem with that is that we live on the very top of a big hill so either way I'm pushing the stroller all the way back up!! I do get stuck with a fussy baby all day by myself sometimes too though. Like today! But he's not that bad, I think he's just fighting sleep. I just try my best to play with him and keep him occupied. Maybe if you roll around on the floor with him long enough he'll get worn out and go to sleep! Works for me sometimes.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my daughter is just like that... cries when Im not with her and whines when I am. Nothing's wrong, I think she just likes to make noise. I know how frustrating it can get when your home by yourself tho! I try to do things with her, sit down and interact, play with her sing songs, whatever. As long as her attention is directed, she doesn't have anything to whine about. And when I'm done playing and need some quiet time for myself or have something to do, I stick her in her sling and bring her with me! She also has a few favorite toys that hold her focus for a while like the saucer and jumper. It's a matter of finding what your baby likes to do and doing it with them!
    Just don't forget.. if you find yourself getting aggravated to the point where your losing control.. put the baby down in a safe place and walk away to another room.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My son had severe colic until he was 18 months old. I used to put him in his pack n play with some safe toys and turn on baby einstein on repeat and go take a nap. Walks, change of scenary all work great too. He never slept so the pack n play and baby einstein was my one out if I really needed it. Worked great at 2am in the morning too.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• with no age here, i cant' say for sure but, babies don't cry or whine for no reason. there's something wrong. its just not obvious. if he wants to be held all the time and this is not usual, i'm gonna go with colic. a warm blanket, rock him to sleep and then try to put him down.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Try getting a baby carrier or sling. I recommend the Moby. Stroller rides or even just being outside (if its not as cold where you live as it is here.) Maybe the baby is just bored. Even as a newborn my son wanted constant entertainment, so when he'd get bored at the house we'd go to the mall and the change of scenery helped a lot. How old is the baby? Could be teething, earache, etc.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The doctor always told me if you have " tried everything" than put the baby in crib and go out side for a few minutes. They will not die if they cry for a few minutes. Good luck it is hard.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009