Anyone else's kids ever have pneumonia?

We found out on Wed. the my 2 year old dd has a slight case of pneumonia. She is on antibiotics and breathing treatments. I'm just wondering, how long did it take for your kids to get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I use to get pneumonia all the time when I was little it usually took about a week for me to get over it, I t depends on how bad it is.. But usually a week- two weeks :)

Lots of sympathy, It sucks to have a baby thats sick...
    almostamommyof2

Answer by almostamommyof2 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• don't expect her to have a full recovery for a while. i had it and i'm still not up to where i was. and i dont' know if or not this is from it but i now have really bad allergies and before the pnemonia i didn't. sorry can't spell tonight.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had it when I was 6 mo. pregnant and it took me 6 weeks to get over it. I had the viral kind and I even cracked a rib from the constant coughing and ever expanding belly....ooooooh it was bad. I feel for your daughter! GL
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 9:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had it every 3 years growing up to the point I could call my doctor and tell him the symptoms and even ask for a specific medication depending on how bad I was. I am now over that and I can tell when my kids are getting sick to help them not get that bad. It took me from a few days to almost 2 weeks to get over it. I found out a few years ago that I was having a reaction to vitamin c. Of all things, go figure. I have tried to take it since and I have gotten sick each time. Now I stay away from vitamin c all together. I hope your daughter gets better fast! one thing that helped me feel better was having a fan blow on me when my fever was up. the highest i had was 104+ and even under the covers it helped enough to take the edge off without getting the chills.

Good luck and don't forget to take care of yourself because you are no good for her if you get sick also! Take care!
    bhuds6

Answer by bhuds6 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It only took my son and husband about 1-2 weeks to get over it last year and my son was like 18 months old when he caught it. But he also didn't get breathing treatments.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my 6 year old had it, sorry to say this but she NEARLY died, she had a bad case, it lasted about 8 weeks
    Angelrose833

Answer by Angelrose833 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• give it about a week. The antibiotics will totally help. my son had pnemonia when he was two as well. I bought one of those vapor plug ins and plus used the humidifier and it really made a difference.
    mishi444

Answer by mishi444 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• depends on how bad my son had it 2 x's, both times he was on zithromax and felt better in less than a week. and both times no fever at all!
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 5:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009