Should I have to harass my "technically" potty trained 2 yr. old to pee in the potty all day long! or wait until he's ready to take responsibility?

I know he can do it because he can stay dry all day long if take him to the potty every once in a while and remind him not to pee.

htussey

Asked by htussey at 3:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wait, it'll be a lot less of a headache and battle for you.
    Anonymous

• Well, technically, you're fighting a losing battle, because you're ending up frustrated.

This is a major sign that he's not ready for potty training. Potty training is more than just staying dry all day long, and so far, that's the only part of its he's comprehending.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I still remind my 3yo. It's easier than dealing with peepee panties.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I quit reminding and after being wet a couple of times....he got it. He was three though. It took about a month from start to finish.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Keep at him. Its easier than diapers.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009