• In the Spotlight:

Mirena IUD

What do you guys think about it? Any side effects?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Health

• I just got mine inserted yesterday. I can't feel it at all, which is awesome. It's like you just get it put in and forget about it for five years. Well, really not forget about it, you have to check the strings once a month to make sure it's still placed correctly, but you don't have to remember to take a pill or put on a patch or get a shot. The only side-effect I've experienced is mild period-like cramps. I took some tylenol and the cramps got better. I bled a little after they inserted it, but that's not hard to take care of.

So right now, I really like it. You don't have to use condoms anymore after a month of having it. We're not planning to have another baby for a few years, so it's the best choice for us. Talk to your doctor and they can give you a very informative pamphlet about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I'm on my second Mirena and I love it! When both were first placed- I had mild cramping for a short time. And then some spotting on and off for a while. But that didn't last long. Then I had either very light periods or no periods at all. I love it! Easiest birth control ever!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009