So this stimulus thing with obama?

Is it like the money we all got last year in that stimulus package? Or is it them giving money to businesses?

Briyawna

Asked by Briyawna at 4:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You're getting either $7.50/wk in your paycheck that will be deducted from your tax refund next year, extra foodstamps or higher unemployment check, or if you're on SSI/SSD a single check for $250.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The stimulus package is a giant bill that is meant to inject money into infrastructure projects, and trying to keep people employed in education and other types of jobs. The tax break is given to people as a break in their federal tax payments. It is about $400 per person $800 per family over the course of a year. It is meant to provide a small bump by increasing spending on incidentals. There is no way to explain the stimulus as an answer to the question, it is long and complicated. Google for some summaries.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• No it isnt like the one we had last year, there will be no checks or anything like that coming to us personally. He will be bailingout people who didnt pay their house payments, giving money to various projects and things like that. Overall its a huge joke and it isnt going to work. Yep you will get maybe 12 bucks a week in your check so enjoy it. You might want to save it though. I hear economists are saying were headed for hyper inflation.
    Anonymous

• Awww I see....well that's no fun...My city (Wichita, KS) is horrible with money so I hope they don't give us anything....the city will build these big multi million dollar buildings...(ice rink and a boat house for example)....and within 1-5 years of opening they are closing it down because they cannot pay for it...and instead of using the existing buildings they just had to have around the city to build things that will bring in money...they go buy more land and build more buildings...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 5:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Nothing like the last one and it will be just as ineffective as the one in Spring of 08 and Fall of 08. Will only ensure people stay poor and the economy continues to tank. Then the Socialists borderline Communists can swoop in and convince the ignorant and fearful they need the government to control their lives more than it does now. People need to look at Japan they lost 10 years thanks to bailout after bailout.
    Anonymous

• I am from Wichita born and raised and I am sick at how they city managers have ruined the city. Wichita would still be the world headquarters of Pizza Hut and would be a main hub for American Airlines if they would have only give tax breaks. The city is now screwed and with the airline industry tanking like everything else they are losing jobs. Half my family works for Cessna and Raytheon all are laid off right now. Sebelius is a shitty Governor why Obama is considering her for anything is beyond me. Oh wait she sucks like him.lol

Anonymous

• OMG....I HATE Sebelius!!!I think she along with Carl Whoever the Mayor is...has ruined the Wichita School District! And Wichita...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 9:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• your state will also be receiving money.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Bend over and grab your ankles because that is where Obama's stimulus packages is going to felt the most!!!
    Anonymous