Any weight loss programs?

I've gained so much weight and I'm seriously depressed right now over it.

Is there any weight loss program that includes the foods or products I can pay monthly for until I get my goal weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2014 in Diet & Fitness

• I just eat what's natural.. No processed crap. Keep track of calories and portion sizes.

Also you need to exercise, I know it sucks but I've recently started training again with a mma fighter, the first few sessions kicked my ass but I love it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2014

• Do weight watchers online. I have been told by several doctors it is the only program that works. Buying other programs' foods do not work long term. They are a temporary fix. Weight watchers teaches portion control. And get walking! Walking is a proven means of exercise that can help with weight loss. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2014

• I agree about WW. They teach you how to eat properly again. And they ease in exercise. It really is worthwhile and there is no deprivation involved. It isn't a diet it's a re-education.

Diets only work while you are on them. As soon as you stop the weight piles back on again.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2014

• Agree with goldpandora. You have to make a life change about the way you eat and think of yourself. Diets do not work because you are constantly depriving yourself of some foods.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2014

• find out how many colories you need- to lose (based on your current weight, height, age, and activity) then stick to that, and drink water and find some work outs you like I've lost 80ish lbs so far doing just that.

here is a link to a BMR calculator- then you can go on to figure out your calorie needs. *don't eat below that number you get for BMR 

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

*I eat about 15-1600 cal average right now. When I started (at 239 lbs- I ate about 2100 average and was losing)

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2014

• There are all kinds of programs out there, Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem both provide the food, and I've seen nutrisystem kits at Walmart. I've never tried a pre packaged food program.

I like weight watchers, and there's no reason if you need help with control that you can't go to the grocery store and buy their frozen meals, bars and other items so that you don't have to think about it too much to get started, but it's nice to be able to eat out and cook when you want to, and if you do the online or meeting program, you will learn how to cook and eat to help you keep it off.

I'm starting Weight Watchers again next week (I'm recovering from surgery). The thing I've found is, most people no matter what program they use will lose and regain, it's a lifelong process of being good to yourself. Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2014

• Nutrisystem
    momngram

Answer by momngram at 12:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2014

• When I got up to 260Lbs I said ENOUGH! I am now down to 167Lbs and how I did it was with 800mg green coffee bean extract with 50% GCA and I did light arm workouts in my home gym plus yoga booty ballet in my living room. The green coffee bean extract allowed me to lose weight, fast & easy with no side effects and still eat whatever I want but the GCB makes me get full faster.
    mamadivalicious

Answer by mamadivalicious at 4:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2014

• My DH bought a book, I think titled, "Getting Rid of the Middle-Aged Middle" and he's had really good results. It basically outlines a high protein diet, limiting carbs, exercise is encouraged but hubby hasn't. It's pretty simple. He drinks a chocolate protein shake twice a day and then eats a healthy dinner of a large helping of lean meat and a green veggie. But, I think the nutrasystem is good, too.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2014

• My company has come up with a 1 page lifestyle change plan (at least that's what I am calling it lol) I have been on it for 33 days & have lost 14lbs & now mind you I am a country girl I like all the big dinners with gravy & all the oh so good but oh so bad for you foods! I have still lost weight! This plan is simple & lets you have a variety of foods. I have had a few off days where I ate things not on the plan, but the next day I was right back at it! Would love to help you out message me. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link or not on here. Oh I also have a fb group too!
    skywatcher1973

Answer by skywatcher1973 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2014