I'm a SAHM and my husband never wants to go anywhere on the weekends. How do we find our balance?

We only have one car so he uses it during the week. I like going out as a family but he just wants to be home (understandably). Am I asking too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I understand. Ask him if he'd be willing to go out for 2 hours with the family on the weekend. Then leave and be back in 2 hours so that he doesn't feel that it is too long a time. Go out for fast food if the children will behave. Or how about this, go out for a maximum of two hours. In other words, go out to pick up a pizza. That can be the outing for one week. Go to a local museum. Go to watch a high school basketball game, go walk around the mall. I know you want to be together as a family. If he isn't up for that or if you don't think it is a good idea. Have a two hour family time set aside say every Saturday evening. When you all do something together. put together puzzles, color, read together, bathe the children together. Just so it is all of you together working or playing together. Then you can go out yourself. You get both- the together time and your time out of the house.

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• go without him
    Anonymous

• I also like to go out as a family, but if he's not in the mood, I will go out by myself. Depending on what I want to do I will either take the kids with me, or leave him home with them. Sometimes I need the "me" time.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Just go out without him if you want to go somewhere. You don't need him to go along with you.

I mean...at this point, if you feel stuck in the house, that's on you.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My dh is the same way. I can understand it though, he spends a lot of time on the road. If I want to do something, I'll go and if he comes, ok, if not, well, then at least I enjoyed myself.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• OP...I like your idea Bmat. thank you! He's not inconsiderate at all. We are just both opposites because of our week activities. I think he would actually go for that.
    Anonymous