How to heat up a 14+ yrs of marriage?

Married for so long with one kid and trapped with routine, how to spark again our relationship as couples? I'm not into dancing or wearing that kind of hot lingerie, I'm a bit conservatives. Pls.. help, any serious suggestion will be much appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• no advice here. I think after a while Marriage becomes more of a contract then anything. Lets face it. People settle.. and for the best of the family stay together. I would concentrate on "YOU" and finding new things you enjoy. When he see's some changes in you, he will be interested and intrigued and that could spice up the relationship again. I've always wanted to take a cooking class for 2.. but I will settle for just myself if I have to. :)
    Anonymous

• Do you have a regular "date night?" Going out dancing and drinking really help the spark in our relationship. It allows to let loose, staying out as late as we want and taking a cab home. Also, it gives me an excuse to dress sexy :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 4:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Get some sented massage oils and give him a good rub down and then had it to him with a VERY seductive smile on your face and nothing else! Get a sitter without telling him rent a hotel room take him there without telling him where you are going have evening all planned out from dinner to sleeping in til eleven and doing nothing but relaxing together! Just surprise yourself do something you would like for him to do for you. We are all creatures of habit and only change when we decide we want 2. Sounds like you want to :) spice is your frame of mind, just watch tv with him tonight out of the blue attack him he will be so shocked i promise he will want more!!This will get his creative juices going 2 see that you are game for new stuff withing reason lol!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• you don't need sexy lingere. buy a new silk cami nightie. or even just start flirting with him again. when he walks by say stuff like "it ought to be illegal to look that good." think back to all the things you used to do adn do them now.
    and anon 4:26, that's just sad. my aunt and uncle have been married for 37 years and he still follows her around the room with his eyes when she walks in. and she still lights up like a candle every time she sees him. they've been through 2 boughts with life threatening cancer and the loss of a son, among many other things. and they are still in love.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Every once in awhile my husband and I act like kids. It may seem silly but it makes us laugh and act playful together. For instance the other day I bought a water gun. WHen he came home from work I shot him with it. Every time he tried to say something I'd shoot him....he started laughing and chasing me. A little something unexpected just to get a giggle always gets us to remember what it was like to be young and insanly in love. Grab him for no reason and dance, fast or slow. And definitely play in the rain. Our kids think we're nuts......and they may be right.
    Anonymous