How long did it take you to get comfortable in this section?

Were you accepted here right away?

iamanon

Asked by iamanon at 8:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2014 in About CafeMom

• I have been here since the very beginning and always felt welcome, even when I use to have haters come and spread some hate in my many homosexuality posts...but I was not awared that acceptance was a requirement.......

Answer by older at 10:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• Accepted? I have no idea. I didn't realize I needed to be accepted. I just ask and answer when I feel like it. If people "like" me, that's great, but if they don't, that's ok. I've never had any problems with anyone though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• I've been around since the beginning. I started out forming my own Group for the local area, but soon those girls started talking about Answers. It was a lot more fun back before they changed the whole layout. Asking and answers questions should not be something you get rewarded for.... kind of reminds me of giving a dog a treat.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• I'm with m-avi. I started out in groups way back and found answers through some of my groups. It used to be much more active and much more fun. I pretty much just joined right in, but it's not the same anymore.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• There is no "acceptance" or not. there are only trolls, twats, and everyone else just trying to go about their day and avoid the anondramaqueens
    adp_3805

Answer by adp_3805 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2014

• not long, I just started answering questions. I've never really had any problems here- but I try to avoid most of the drama * at least the personal drama anyway.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• This isn't some clique where people are "accepted" or not. The people here are individuals and just because one or two may disagree with you doesn't mean that you're not "accepted." So, to answer your question, I felt welcome right away, but that doesn't mean that there haven't been people who haven't agreed with me or I didn't get along well with. There have been people I generally get along well with, but we disagree greatly on different subjects, and there have bee people I had to learn not to take more negatively than they intended, that what I thought was them being disagreeable and harsh was really just their being intellectual and engaging in debate. A lot of the time the issues here are in our own heads, not actual reality. People are too quick to take a snip or a snarky remark or a disagreement as some declaration of "unacceptance," which isn't true.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• And, in case it needs to be pointed out, all "you's" are generalized, not specifically referring to the OP.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2014

• I started here around the first of the year. Do I feel accepted? Not really, still fill like the new kid in school. Does it bother me, Not really cause I'm still here.
    momngram

Answer by momngram at 2:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2014

• I've been here since around October 2008. When I discovered Answers, I jumped in with both feet. I love discussion/debate boards. I had been going through withdrawals since Iwon and MyWay had shut down their boards. These days I bounce in between here and groups.

Am I accepted? Well, they haven't kicked me out or run me off yet.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2014