Do it yourself hair color?

What brand of hair color would work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• They all work pretty much the same way.

You'll get the best results if you buy professional hair color at Sally's and mix it yourself, though.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• they should all work except, if you are a brunette going blonde, they make a special one for that. and if you have red highlights or tints in your hair don't be surprised when you lighten it and it turns orange-ish.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 5:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• yeah, sally's has the best hair care stuff if you want professional results.. otherwise.. most are the same..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Garnier Nutrisse is the best for conditioning and not making your hair frizzy. As the poster above said if you are going from a dark color or even brown,to blonde you will need the special peroxide bleach, to get out the red that is a natural pigment of darker hair. If you dont it will be orange (Ronald McDonald orange). Same is true if you are blond trying to go brown or darker, you will need to add red or it will look more gray than brown

Best to keep the dye color within 2 shades of your natural one when doing it at home without experience.
    Anonymous

• I generally use loreal products including highlighting. I had a hair stylist show me how to use them properly so I get great results. No matter what you use even at a salon know your hair color name, product name, and number. This way you always get the same result every time.
    mineralgirlzmom

Answer by mineralgirlzmom at 1:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I use gainer nutrisse and i love it because it doesn't have the strong smell like most hair dyes to but it's too the color on the box./
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009