is it ok to use honey in my tea when im pregnant

someone told me no and i don't want to believe that... my tea and honey is all i have after giving up caffeine and nicotine and alcohol and lunch meat and sushi and carbs (im diabetic)

AnneWilliams

Asked by AnneWilliams at 5:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes its totally fine. you just can't give a baby honey once they are born.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• You should be fine. The only thing I know about honey is don't give it to your baby once he/she is born until after age 1 since there is a chance it could give them botulism.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Of course =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I've used honey, no issues!!
    HOWEVER, you need to ask your OB which kinds of teas are fine, and which aren't, if you haven't already. Many herbal teas are not that safe.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I am not a doctor, but I have two children and about to have my third, and as far as I know you should not use honey while pregnant or give it to a baby, due to bacteria that you can handle but your baby can't. I would ask an OB just to be sure though
    MamaZoe2005

Answer by MamaZoe2005 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I actually asked my doctor about honey and peanuts because someone told me they were both dangerous, he got a good laugh out of it and I got some reassurance, honey is fine for you, but like the other's said before me it's not so good for the baby, so enjoy it for yourself, besides honey in your tea is better than sugar from what I hear.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Use your Honey in your tea. If that is all that you have left then yes. I can understand that was all I had left too. Enjoy a nice hot cup of tea.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2009