What's your opinion on the "David After Dentist" video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

It was posted 3 weeks ago and already has over 11 million views on youtube. Along with that, there are also over 30,000 comments. Most of them are positive comments about what a funny and cute kid he is. But there are also comments claiming that his father is not being responsible, and is even being "abusive and exploitative." and should not be "subjecting his son to ridicule."

I personally think it's an adorable home video that the kid will look back on and laugh at later in life. I know I would if it had been me!

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i think its really cute....i also watched the remix someboday made of the video and almost pissed my pants laughing....i think its funny because as a parent i think of it as cute and funny not as exploitative....why is it any different than the people that put their kids videos on america's funniest home videos....or that video of will ferrel with the little girl...if anything thats abusive making the 2 year old swear on camera and carry around beer bottles!!!
    DaraMichelle

Answer by DaraMichelle at 5:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It's hilarious! It's not like the dad drugged his kid for kicks and then video taped it. He video taped something that many experience only to be told by others later what we did and said. Yes, the kid is confused, but it's funny and the dad wasn't doing anything mean. He was reassuring his son he was fine the whole time.

Apparently my husband was pretty out of it years ago when he got his wisdom teeth out. We'd just barely started dating and his mom took him to the dentist and back. On the way home all he did was profess his love for me to his mom and told her he was going to marry me! Too bad she didn't have a video of that!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• "Apparently my husband was pretty out of it years ago when he got his wisdom teeth out. We'd just barely started dating and his mom took him to the dentist and back. On the way home all he did was profess his love for me to his mom and told her he was going to marry me! Too bad she didn't have a video of that!"

HAHAHA! That's so cute!

^^And I love that Will Ferrel video by the way, hahaha.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• we just went through this with my son and it was the funniest thing i've ever seen. all those jerks who are complaining about it, are just jerks who have way too much time on thier hands. don't hear any of them complaining about how horrible the perfectly lucid kids on nanny911 are do you?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 5:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• All the people who are complaining probably don't have kids. I wish I had video of my daughter today. We went to the Zoo, and there is a place to feed the giraffe's. It licked her and she freaked out!!! She was crying and histarical because it licked her, but it was so funny!! I wish I had video taped it, because I would have loved to share it with friends and family.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• It is funny, but I would never put a video of my child online for the whole world to see.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• My issue with that video is that the child is not safely in his seat. All I could think was that he would be seriously hurt if there was an accident! That kid is way too young to be in a seatbelt like that.
    Anonymous

• Same as Mag pie 75
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• He's in a booster seat actually.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2009