I AM BLEEDING!!!!!! PLEASE HELP DONT IGNORE

hi, I just found out that I am 5weeks perggo. I had been having some pink and brown spotting last week. it was going on for 3 days, now today I am seeing red blood. I see it on my pantiliner. I see it when I wipe. I dont have to wear a tampon bc it is not that much blood, just a nickle size spot here and there. I have no cramps or anything like that. I dont even feel like I am preggo. I called the DR and he told me to come in first thing Monday morning. What do you ladies think it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MAYBE BEGINNING OF MISCARRIAGE.
    Anonymous

• i am having the same thing I am 6 weeks and 3 days... If you arent in any pian not feeling dizzy or light headed its nothing too serious.. right now are bodies are still trying to cope with the idea that we are pregnant I did it with my daughter as well...I have talked to a doc and a couple nurses and they all have said the same thing.. or unless you are using more than 2 pads an hour due to bleeding then you will be fine til monday...
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 6:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• could be lots of things.... if it gets any heavier go to urgent care or emergency...your doc seems to think this small amount is ok...
    your body could be rejecting the egg because of some defect- that does happen and it's natures way of keeping humans semi- normal.
    Or it could be some sort of pocket of blood, some ladies do experience bleeding early on- and it does not affect their pregnancy. If your insurance has a 24 hour nurse line it will say so on your card. you can call them and ask the possibilities.

In the meantime I would def keep it very easy, lie around and read or something until monday morning if you can... i am not amed professional but if it were me that is what I'd do.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I spotted with all four of mine. I think as long as you're not having bad cramps with the bleeding, you're OK. I had terrible cramps with my 2nd and 3rd babies, but no bleeding. My Dr said both is normal in early pregnancy. Try not to worry and take it easy until you go in to see the Dr. If it gets a lot worse, or if you start having bad cramps or pain along with a lot of bleeding, I'd go to the ER. Best wishes to you!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had that happen with my last pregnancy. I had spotting so I went in to the ER. The Docs there told me that it was a "threatened" (as in might not happen) miscarriage. 2 weeks later I lost the baby. But Some women bleed during pregnancy and their babies are fine. I would suggest going in to the ER to be safe.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 6:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• If it's red blood in all honesty I would go to the hospital. Red blood=new blood. Unfortunately at this point if you are miscarrying, there isn't anything they can do to stop it. Oh, and even if you can wear a tampon, DO NOT!! you're not supposed to use them in pregnancy/post partum.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 7:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• i spotted like that and i have a happy healthy 6 week old.. and you may have spotting throughout being preggo, i did til i was 6 months..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had one scare of spotting when i was about 12 or 13 weeks...but the doc said that if its brown blood its just old blood getting realeased....and also....he also told me that your body could still be trying to start your period....he told me to just take it easy and rest....and Im 25 weeks now!!! :) And no more spotting! If there is no cramping, or bright red blood, I would try not to stress out..and just relax til you see the doc! You could have a yeast infection or bacteria infection also!! Hope this helps! Good luck hun! :)
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I had the same thing. I just had a miscarriage today. Im devastated. And I dont know how im going to get through this. Please go see your dr as soon as you can.
    Anonymous

• Just thought I would let everyone know that I did have a miscarriage but it happened a few weeks ago!! Now I know no matter the amount of blood the colr or anything to go in its better to know asap then find out you lost it weeks ago
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 4:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009