has your DH/So ever seriously shocked you...

with an overly expensive "prize"? Due to tax returns my husband was buying himself a bigger air compressor. I guess he felt guilty because he asked me what kind of prize I would like. I said I wouldn't mind a nice necklace. Long story short we ended up (by his own choice) in the jewelry store and with a rather expensive necklace on the table. I said no, to all of them, because I wanted this one in particular and it was just too much, so I'd wait (figuring the wait would be yeeeaaars). The manager did some number magic and got the price down- not as low as I'd like, but before I could say "not today" he said "let's do it"--- so long story short I am now wearing an absolutely gorgeous necklace that I have no business owning...haha... and I'm giddy....How about you? ever have a surprise like that?

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 6:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh Lucky! That is such a wonderful surprise. Your husband must be a great guy to sense what would please you most. Enjoy your prize! (note: I mean both the necklace and the husband! LOL! )

Answer by Bmat at 7:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• haha wish it was me..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 6:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• I got some diamond earrings for mother's day (which I know were COMPLETELY out of our budget). And a nice 4 hr day at the spa "just because".

Congrats on UR necklace, what a sweet thing to do! BTW, LOVE UR avatar pic. =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 6:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• At this point in time, it may be a bit insensitive to talk about flashing the cash to some members here who are going through tough times...

Yes, my husband does nic things for me, but big money doesnt equal big love.

But, enjoy the necklace.
    Anonymous

• My hubby and I shared a laptop and I hated waiting for him to get done or when he deployed I always told him to take it so he could watch movies and keep in touch. I usually stayed with family so I had a computer to use no big deal. Well one day he said lets go to the store. We went to Comp USA and we looked at the laptops. Just saying this one is nice or wow that sucks. lol. Anywho make a long story short 30 mins after we started looking at them my hubby was signing the papers and everything for my new computer. I love him! :D
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 6:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Oh please, Anon. She's just sharing her excitement. WTH is up with people today?! Holy hormonal. YES, everyone is going thru tough times in their own way. You don't need to say something like that. Heck, if UR hubby did that, you'd probably gush about it too. Jeepers crow.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 6:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was really having a hard time finding maternity clothes I liked that fit well. I have a really wierd build. I am short and skinny, but I have a big booty and I gained a lot of weight, but all in my tummy. In any case, I was so upset because everything just hung on me. My husband went to the mall one day with my son and they bought me three or four outfits at a maternity store that actually fit me. I am sure it was pretty expensive since those clothes aren't cheap and he bought them at a big name store for here. It really meant a lot to me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• my2lovbugs- thanks congrats on your earrings!

hmm.. anony may be right, I hadn't considered my question as insensitive. I apologize if i offended anyone but we are not having hard times because of good planning during the good times. I do not feel guilty for being in a good place right now. We are by no means rich, I am still a college student, we live in a small, cheap house that is well within our means and do not use credit so we have very little debt.

I will not defend our love for eachother, I am secure in that respect. Thanks for your comments.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• The laptop is also a super nice gift- you two can keep in touch on that too, my bil was deployed and we could video chat with him still. His other sister talked to him several times a week on it. That's nice.
    And I seriously know maternity clothes aren't cheap. I bought three nice outfits at different times and have to rewear them at work. though i am pretty much your every day chubby preggie chick..lol.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Yes he is quite a prize. I don't know what I'd do without him. (go crazy first for sure but after that... no clue lol) Thanks B!
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2009